President and CEO
While the asset management industry continues to grow globally, our clients' expectations for investment management capabilities and services have become more complex and diversified. In order to fully meet these client needs, Sumitomo Mitsui Asset Management and Daiwa SB Investments merged in April 2019 to begin a new chapter as Sumitomo Mitsui DS Asset Management.
The new company's corporate philosophy states that we aim to be the “Best Asset Management Firm for Your Better Quality of Life.” Towards this end, we will strive to improve client satisfaction by various means such as:
- enhancing our responsible investment capability to fulfill our duties as a “responsible institutional investor,”
- leveraging the cutting-edge technology including artificial intelligence and big data analysis,
- improving our global presence with a focus on Asia,
- supporting asset formation and developing products that fit a variety of lifestyles in the era of the 100-year life,
- delivering our services through digital platform for better customer experiences, and more.
As is well known, recent changes in the asset management industry including technological innovation and the rise of new players are remarkable. Given these environments, I promise all employees will unite their energies not only to quickly respond to these changes but also to create such a change by ourselves.